Friday, February 1, 2008

ANIMATION

Welcome to Animation Library

Welcome to the NEW Animation Library, a site featuring over 13,748 free animations for you to use on your website or send as digital postcards using our powerful Postcard Station. While you are browsing the Animation Library, you can listen to great music by using the Jukebox. To navigate our site, just use the Links in the menu below and on the sidebar to select animation you want to see. You can also search our free animations using the search box above. Enjoy your visit!
Poll: How often do you watch animations?
You'd be surprised how many animators don't actually watch animations, or very rarely watch animations - whether it's online-only web shorts, afternoon and Saturday morning cartoons, animated feature films, or the nonstop cartoon deluge of Cartoon Network or Toon Disney. Maybe they don't want to run the risk of copying someone else's idea, or maybe they're just not interested in what's on the boob tube and are more focused on producing what they really want to see. Then again, some of us can't seem to stop watching; where do you fall in between?
WorkAround for the Flash/ ActiveX Activation Issue in IE6+
I admit, as a Firefox user, I tend not to think about Internet Explorer issues until I'm testing web pages for cross-browser compatibility and want to make sure that they work properly in all browsers and across all platforms. Since Flash keeps everything self-contained in an SWF file that works just about anywhere, you'd think that testing Flash web pages and animations wouldn't create any problems, right? Wrong.
Internet Explorer versions 6.0 and higher have an annoying little extra built in: Flash and most ActiveX controls can't be used when embedded in the page, unless the user actively chooses to click on them. Mousing over the embedded SWF will highlight it with a grey bounding box, with a small error message that states that you must click the control to activate it. Only after clicking does that grey bounding box disappear, and only then is the active content of the SWF accessible. While it's only one extra step, it can add a level of irritation to an otherwise intuitive design, and even annoy users into not clicking anything at all. But there's no reason to despair - not when a simple JavaScript can remove that problem in a matter of moments.
Poll: How do you feel about Flash?
Some people are Flash gurus; some won't even allow their browser to display anything Flash-related and will automatically block any movies, applets, etc. from playing. Because of its multiple uses and long history, though, Flash seems to be everywhere - and unless something unlikely arises to oust it from its position, it isn't going anywhere. How do you feel about Flash?
Poll: How do you feel about Flash?
I love Flash and use it for everything I can. I use Flash for animation, but nothing else. I use Flash for web design, but nothing else. I use Flash for applications, but nothing else. I use Flash for various things, but only where it's useful. I don't like Flash much, but will use it if there's no other alternative. I like Flash, but avoid it due to the security vulnerabilities. I can't stand Flash, period. Other (will explain in comments).

No comments: